Sunday, May 8, 2011

A cidade maravilhosa


Mark this historic day on your calendars, for today I enter the blogosphere. I don't have a lot to write, but I figured I would give a quick rundown on what I'm doing here in Rio de Janeiro for those of you who don't already know. For the next three months I'll be interning for LDS Employment Resource Services in this beautiful city teaching a workshop on self-employment. We walk people through the steps of defining a business idea, doing basic market research, designing a marketing plan, and laying out the basic finances. In a place with such high unemployment, starting a small business is sometimes the only option people have. Tomorrow I'll go to the employment center for the first time, and hopefully within a week or so I'll start the first workshop.


Just to give you a little taste of this city's beauty, here's a picture of me (that's not the beautiful part) on the world-famous Copacabana Beach. I didn't have a swimming suit with me, so I had to settle for dipping my feet in the water. I'm sure my beach bum days are just beginning, however. More to come on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment